Register below for Summer Camp 2022!
ATTEND CAMP FRIEDLANDER SUMMER CAMP
FOR SCOUTS BSA | A CAMPING TRADITION SINCE 1919
Camp Friedlander is the premier Scouts BSA Summer Camp program with a wide variety of merit badge options, activities for younger and older Scouts, training opportunities for adult leaders, and some of the best camping facilities in the country. Each summer, thousands of Scouts from across the nation (and the world!) make Camp Friedlander their summer camp home for a fun week of learning, achievement, leadership, and Scouting at its best.
On this page, you will find the registration links for all weeks of camp, as well as information on Unit Registration, Individual Registration, Merit Badge Registration, Camp Financials (Fees, Payment Schedule, Discounts, Refunds), and Camp Forms and Communications.
Unit registration to reserve space in a Week and in a Campsite is open below. Participant registration will open in early 2022.
2022 CAMP FRIEDLANDER SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
Campsite Selection, Unit Reminders, and Participant Registration
To view currently available campsites, click on the registration link above for your desired week. Once on the registration page, click on the Campsite tab.
The campsites that are still open will have an indication of how many spots are available in that site. For example, Lakeview (14 spots) indicate that there is room for 14 people in the Lakeview campsite. Please note that the indications of available spots are subject to change without notice.
When making a Unit Registration, please be aware of the following:
- Estimates: due for Youth and Adults during registration. This estimate can change later when submitting the Youth Estimate Deposit (see Camp Fees section).
- Campsite Deposit: must be paid to hold a campsite for each unit. It is non-refundable and non-transferable and will be forfeited if your unit cancels.
- Campsite Capacity: if it has not been reached, Camp Friedlander reserves the right to place multiple units in a campsite.
- Exceeding Capacity of Campsite: it is the responsibility of the unit to provide extra tents needed. The camp cannot provide extra tents, cots, or mattresses.
- Adult Requirements: minimum of two registered adult leaders 21 years of age or over must attend with the unit; after which, unit must maintain a 1 adult per 10 Youth ratio. For units with female youth, a registered female adult leader 21 years of age or over must be in attendance. All adults who are present during a week of camp for 72 total hours or more (need not be consecutive) must be registered as adult leaders with the BSA. This registration involves submitting an adult BSA application to the council and completing YPT (must be processed before camp).
UNIT PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION
Already have a Unit Registration? Click on the blue button to the left.
Note: If you do not see the Registrations link on your unit web page, make sure that you are logged in to your Dan Beard account and that you have access to this registration. If you did not create the registration, have your Camp Coordinator contact Rachel Ball, 513-577-7708 or Rachel.Ball@scouting.org
INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION
Have a Scout that can’t attend with the troop? No problem! Register them as an Individual Participant today! Shortly before camp, the Individuals will be given contact information of the unit who is willing to host them during their week. It will be the responsibility of the Individual to review the Camp Friedlander Leader’s Guide and to bring all necessary forms to camp.
MERIT BADGE SELECTION
It is recommended to register Youth prior to the opening of Merit Badge Registration. The Merit Badge schedule will be released in Jan. 2022 and Merit Badge selection will occur at the beginning of March.
For information on how to select merit badges for Youth already registered in a unit registration or Individual Participants, see the Registration System Walk-through slides or the Registration Demo video.
CAMP FEES, PAYMENT SCHEDULE, DISCOUNTS & REFUNDS
Payments can be made with a card, electronic check (online only), Unit Account, or physical check. If your unit plans to mail in or drop off payment, it must be received and entered online before registrations can be processed.
Please note, the Campsite Deposit and Youth Estimate Deposits are not additional fees. They will be made available to units in the Contingent Account and should be used to pay for participant fees. However, both are non-refundable and non-transferable. If the unit can no longer attend or if the reserved space for a youth cannot be filled by a youth, the deposits will be forfeited.
2022 CAMP FEES*
Updated camp fees will be released in Oct. 2021.
FEE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Updated schedule will be release in Oct. 2021.
SECOND WEEK DISCOUNTS*
DISCOUNT TYPE AMOUNT DISCOUNT CODE
A DBC NYLT course & a Camp Friedlander week $100 off the second week secondsNYLTweek
Two or more weeks at Camp Friedlander $100 off the second+ week secondsCFweek
*Discounts must be applied before full payment, either by using the discount code or by contacting the Outdoor Program Assistant at 513-577-7708. Do not pay the full participant fee if the youth qualifies for a discount; NO REFUNDS will be given if the discount is not used/requested correctly.
The Dan Beard Council will refund all but $50 per youth/15% of fees paid per adult for those who contact the Outdoor Program Assistant, 513-577-7708, no later than 30 days prior to arrival at camp. You may replace the name and information on a registration at no additional fee but they must be of the same participant type (youth for youth and adult for adult).
This policy excludes payments labeled as “nonrefundable.” No refunds will be given after the 30-day cancellation deadline, except in cases of personal medical reasons as determined by the Council Camping Director. Payments made within a Unit Registration will be refunded back to the Unit in the care of the Contingent Contact, unless otherwise requested. Those who registered as Individuals will have refunds issued back to the payee.
CAMP FORMS AND COMMUNICATIONS
All camp forms and documents can be found on the Camp Forms page, www.danbeard.org/campforms. This includes medical forms, the merit badge list, the Leader’s Guide, the Program Guide, and a list of what to bring to camp.
The main contact and the only one receiving camp emails will be the adult listed on the Unit Registration. Units can change or add to this contact list (see the walk-through linked in the Unit Participant Registration section).
Below is a list of when important emails will go out or when forms will be published online. Please note that any big changes to published information will be emailed out at the time of the change.
Last Week of October:
• First update email to registered units
Last Week of November:
• Updated Unit Leader’s Guide posted online
Last Week of November:
• Second update email to registered units
Second Week of December:
• Youth Estimate Deposit Invoices emailed to units
First Week of January:
• Participant registration opens
Second Week of January:
• Updated Program Guide and Merit Badge List posted online
• Third update email to registered units
First Week of March:
• Fourth update email to registered units
First Week of May:
• Fifth update email to registered units
Refund Policy Notice Reminder Email:
• Sent 31 days prior to the first day of each week
10 Day Out Meeting Reminder Email:
• Sent one week prior to each meeting